Churches

The Priory Church of St Laurence
The Priory Church of St Laurence is located at the end of Church Street. It has a is superb timber-framed 15th Century bell-tower. The Church is within the Deanery of Ongar and the Diocese of Chelmsford.

For more information go to the The Priory Church of St Laurence website: www.blackmorechurch.org.uk



The Baptist Church
There has been a Baptist meeting in the village of Blackmore since 1828 and a church building since 1843. The original building was funded by Ashley Barrett who also built a schoolmasters house and the "Penny a Week" school. In 1998 the Chapel was completely refurbished. The house has been incorporated into the present church building providing rooms, kitchen, toilets and an upstairs meeting area.

Visit their website at www.blackmorebaptist.com